Harstine Island Community Center on Harstine Island, WA
This Community Hall is a 104 year old historic building. Construction began in 1914 and was completed in 1915. Local ferry service stopped at 7:00 p.m. in general, preventing residents from arriving on or leaving the island. The original purpose of the hall was as an indoor basketball court for local residents which would be available for islanders regardless of the ferry schedule. Currently, the Community Hall houses the local Community Club, Garden Club, Women's Club and Amateur Theater Club. In addition, it is used to host a twice a month Senior Lunch, a Christmas Holiday House, a Farmer's Market each Saturday, Weddings and much more.
All prints are on Conservation Grade Paper